Monday 26 July 2010

Great Things About Belfast #1: The Crown Bar

Yes it's an absolute tourist trap. No, it's not a great place to watch the football and no, it doesn't do fancy cocktails but let's be honest - is there anywhere better on a summer evening than standing in the Crown with the light 'pishing in through the windeys'?

Whether it's the stained glass windows, the snugs, the tiles (all created by Italian craftsmen), the Guinness or a combination of all 3, it stands alone in Belfast and could easily hold its own among the best bars in the UK, Ireland or even the world.






3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great photo, looks like a fabulous place, I'll definitely have to add it to my "places to visit some day" list.

Cheers,
Jenny @vpv

http://www.shopVPV.com

Puck Litaay said...

Cool picture! Looks indeed like a great place

Tonio said...

I wouldnt go to have breackfast into a pub! but this looks great.

I´m a fashion illustrator, and I´m learning a little photograph; Please come to my blog so you can meet the character I´ve launched yesterday, SAN the lovely.
Hope you step by!

THELOVELYSANDOTBLOGSPOTDOTCOM